BIBS are deeply committed to ensuring that the materials they use in their products are both safe, of high quality, and do not harm the environment.
Their dummy nipples are made with two different materials: Natural rubber latex and silicone. All BIBS dummies are certified to conform to the EU directive concerned with safety, health, and environment. (Pacifier Safety requirements by European standard EN 1400+A2).
For their latex nipples they use 100% natural rubber latex. Natural rubber latex is a natural material made from the sticky milky fluid tapped from the Hevea tree. The fluid is refined to the brown/yellow rubber you know from your dummies; a super soft, elastic, and resilient material very much resembling the mother’s soft nipple.
All their natural rubber latex suppliers are a member of the Global Platform for Sustainable Natural Rubber (GPSNR). As a member of the Global Platform for Sustainable Natural Rubber (GPSNR) our suppliers have implemented a High-level Commitment.
It is focused on eliminating deforestation and ecosystem conversion from the supply chain and safeguarding human rights across all operations. The commitment is also aligned with the principles and guidelines laid out in the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the ILO fundamental conventions.
Their supplier works within own operations and through the whole supply chain to increasingly source natural rubber products that are in line with GPSNR policy requirements. Examples for these requirements are:
- Protection of high conservation values and high carbon stock forests.
- Protection of water and soil resources.
- Respect of internationally recognized human rights and upholding the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human rights (UNGP).
- Compliance with internationally recognized labor rights, the ILO fundamental Convention and all applicable law on workers’ rights.
- Support of the livelihood of rubber producers, particularly small farmers, and those communities in rubber producing areas.